As for many women, their jewelry and necklaces, no matter how they are fine or funky, are always regarded as precious possession to be well-protected. But necklaces are easily entangled, damaged or broken if they are not properly stored or packaged. Therefore, if you are going to a foreign country for holidays or moving your family across the country, you should consider properly packaging and storing your necklaces, because it would prevent your prized things from becoming tangled or damaged. By doing this, it is unnecessary to cost a small fortune or have special packaging materials in this regard..
The following items are needed in your packing.
• Paper towel
• Small plastic baggies
• Bubble wrap
• Clear tape
• Small box
• Plastic storage bin
• Plastic drinking straws
• Cardboard sheets
• Jewelry travel case
• Pill bottles
• You had better have a careful look through your necklace collection and then separate each. Removing any tangles and knots are required.
• To wrap finer, delicate jewelry or pieces featuring expensive stones, you should use the paper towel. You should put each paper towel-wrapped necklace into individual small plastic baggies, which you could purchase at craft or department stores with specifically designed sizes.
• As for larger costume pieces, you should store them inside pieces of bubble wrap. You should cut the bubble wrap so as to match up with the jewelry item and secure both ends with a piece of clear tape. For more security, you had better place the bubble-wrapped pieces inside a small box or plastic storage bin.
• Put each necklace into a plastic drinking straw. In this way the necklaces would stay straight and be prevented from tangling when being moved. After putting each necklace into a drinking straw, you should attach it to both tips with tape. The next step, place the straw-encased necklaces flat on top of a sheet of cardboard and then attach the necklaces to the cardboard with tape. When it is the time to pack, pay attention to carefully stacking the sheets of cardboard inside a plastic container. This step is necessarily effective if you have many necklaces to be packed.
• Use roll-up travel cases to store necklaces and other jewelry items, for such fabric cases are specifically designed to house jewelry while you travel. The model that features several smaller pockets would be preferential, because each necklace could be separately placed to prevent tangling or damage.
• Place a single necklace inside an empty pill bottle. Pack the pill bottles inside a small box or plastic storage container.
• Stack jewelry in a separate, labeled box or plastic storage container. If your jewelry is antique, expensive and precious, you should find the better way to manage it in a move, you could either pack it in your car or carry the pieces with you on the airplane.