In the past, people were only concerned about whether they could feed themselves or if the food tasted good, and they cared little about whether they were eating “healthily”. While, that could possibly due to the fact that in that era, there was no such huge pollutions all around them compared to our situations today. In nowadays, as the technologies continue to develop, and the probable reason mentioned in the beginning, people become more health-conscious that before they buy and eat something, questions may rise such as “which kind of vitamin inside?” and “what are the nutrients for this food?” Ok, let’s go back to today’s topic, juicers. Could anyone tell me why I need a juicer? Is it only because I love juicy stuffs and I could drink something instead of directly eating it? If your answer is a YES, then I’m afraid you’ll get a big F for this question. If you’d like to know more, please read ahead.
Why I Need a Juicer?
Basically, there are three major reasons why you will seriously consider making juice from vegetables and fruits.
1. Your body will absorb all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables with the help of juicing. Actually this is a pretty simple scheme that everybody can get an idea of. We all know the working mechanism and function of human’s digestion system that when food enters the mouth, it will be treated by different human organs and body fluids including saliva, esophagus, stomach, etc. Under a series of mechanical and chemical breakdown actions, the original large food pieces will be decomposed to small molecules that the flood could carry and supply to all the organs and tissues. However, due to the impaired digestion resulting from years and years of suboptimal food choice, our bodies will have limited capability of absorbing all the nutrients. Juicing acts like a pre-digester that helps you maximum the receiving of all the nutrients and less of them will be gone down to the toilet.
2. Juicing makes you more efficient in consuming vegetables and fruits. Juice is the concentrated form of the nutrients, so if you drink juice instead of eating vegetables and fruits directly, you are more efficient. For example, let’s say for each of 50 pounds of your weight, you are supposed to eat 1 pound of vegetables per day, I am 160 pounds so I’ll need about 3 pounds. This sounds like crazy, and believe or not, for me personally, I will definitely not to have so much each day. For the sake of myself, what should I do? In this case, drinking a glass of juice will be much easier and achievable.
3. Juicing helps you build a variety of vegetables and fruits choice in your diet. Some people like me just keep on eating same kinds or limited choice of vegetables every day, this is unhealthy, I know that, but without a juicer, I really have no clue how to solve this. With juicing, you can pick up those foods that you normally wouldn’t like to eat whole and obtain regular food rotation. Also, there are less chances you’ll develop an allergy to certain food.
In short, juicing can help you digest and absorb nutrients in a more efficient and reasonably organized way.
What You Need to Consider for Choosing a Juicer?
It seems to me buying a juicer is a good choice if you don’t like to eat all kind of vegetables and fruits but still want to build good health. So what aspects you need to look at when choosing a juicer? As mentioned in other posts, I am a scientist, so I always do research. The common point for choosing a juicer includes:
- The power and speed of the motor
- The juicing mechanism
- The ease of operation and cleaning
- The other functions
Is the Motor Powerful? How Does It Work?
Since these two questions are closely related, I will explain them together. The juicing action is originated by the induction motor, so the first thing you need to check out for a juicer is the power of its motor. The motor of Omega J8003 Nutrition Center possesses a power of 1/3 horsepower, which is a not high value for a motor. And the corresponded speed for the motor is 80 RPM. When comparing masticating juicer with centrifugal juicer, you’ll find the latter has a much higher RPM from 3000 to 14,000. However, much powerful motor and higher RPM does NOT equal to higher efficiency and yield of juicing AT ALL. The reason is they have completely different working mechanism.
Traditionally, one may choose a centrifugal juicer, which cuts up the vegetables and fruits with a flat blade first and then utilizes the centrifugal movement to separate the juice from the pulp. The biggest trouble of this design is that the juice will be unintentionally heated through the friction and oxidized due to the exposure to large amount of air, both resulting in short shelf life for the juice. On a contrary, Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer is a masticating style juicer, which is often referred to a juicer with low motor speed. This specific juicer has a unique dual stage juicing mechanism. It firstly uses a single auger to compact and crush produce into juice, and then the pulp will be squeezed for the second stage. As a result, the juice will go out along a static screen while the dry pulp goes to a separate outlet. The advantages of this unique juicing action are obvious. First, it is more efficient than centrifugal juicing and its yield is higher, too. Second, squeezing, instead of grinding, allows the juice to maintain its original color, natural taste, intact nutrients and vitamins and free from froth and foam as well. Also, thanks to this working mechanism, the juice will be more nutritious and can be stored up to 72 hours without degradation because it effectively prevents the juice oxidation and maintains healthy enzymes. Last but not least, Omega J8003 Nutrition Center is a more economical choice since it is so productive and efficient that you can get large quantities of juice from least amount of raw materials.
Is It Easy to Operate and Cleaning?
The setup and operation of this device is as simple as other home appliances, so we’ll not discuss about that. It has a “commercial” in its product name and it’s kind of heavy, so it can be reliable and operated sturdily. Also, it operates quietly due to its low speed. All food processing appliances face the problem of difficult cleaning, so this is the question you really need to ask before you purchase a juicer. Based on its particular, Omega J8003 Nutrition Center is super easy to clean up and re-assembled. All you need to do is just detach all parts that have to be cleaned, rinse them and put them together. I’m sure you won’t have any problem is this.
Any Other Functions?
If you simply regard Omega J8003 Nutrition Center as a juicer, then you are wrong! It’s not just a juicer and it can offer a lot more! With this magic product, you can easily turn nuts into all-natural peanut butter; you can prepare special baby food from all kinds of produce; you can chop and mince spices from garlic, scallion, pepper, ginger, and most other foods including herbs and seasonings; you can prepare homemade spaghetti, linguini, and breadsticks with the pasta nozzle; you can make juice from even wheatgrass and kale that centrifugal juicers are not capable of; you can make fresh frozen disserts, almond or soy milk, or even grind coffee beans and flour… I just can’t list all the food you can prepare from Omega J8003 Nutrition Center and if you finally decide to get one, I highly suggest you try every function listed above yourself and experience its greatness. Please make delicious and nutritious drinks and snacks for all your family members!
- The juicer;
- Juicing screen cone with stainless steel mesh (for juicing functions only) and blank cone with solid polycarbonate and stainless steel rim inside (for all other functions);
- Oval nozzle for mincing and chopping vegetables, making peanut butters, homogenizing frozen fruit, milk or yogurt and extruding breadsticks; round nozzle has almost same functions as oval nozzle; four other nozzles used for extrusion of various sized pastas;
- Sieve fits on both of the bowls, may be used after processing items when too much pulp can be found in the juice or foam can be observed on the top of the juice.
Does It Include a Warranty?
Yes, The Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer includes a 10-year warranty. Yes, it’s a TEN year warranty.
Although it is a great product, we do find few complaints about its small chute issue. This juicer has a 1.5*1.5 chute that before processing, one may need to do some extra work to pre-treat the fruits and vegetables. However, the chute sizes for these compact-constructed juicers at such low prices are all similar, so if you really need to get rid of all the pre-treat work, you should select a product that has a larger chute and of course, you may need to pay extra money.
What Others Are Saying?
This juicer has received very good comments from most customers online with an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars from most reviewers on Amazon.com.
Here are some comments to date:
Please read more reviews from Amazon.com. Click here to read more!
Where Can You Buy the Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer?
You can buy this product from Amazon. The Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer is available on Amazon for the price of $227 with free shipping. You can also choose from more than 10 colors for this product.