Bikram yoga is kind of yoga, which is quite challenging for students, because they have to manage 26 different yoga poses for one hour and half in the room temperature of104 degrees Fahrenheit. Although it is not prime purpose of practicing bikram yoga to lose weight, doing it regularly might be helpful in this regard. Here are a few tips you could follow when using bikram yoga for weight loss.
1. When you start with an exercise or weight loss program, including beginning your bikram yoga, you should go to consult your doctor. Doctor’s advice should be seriously taken before you do anything concerning weight loss program.
2. When you start with bikram yoga, it is strongly recommended that you should do it at least three times a week, or 10 times a month. If you intend to use bikram yoga for weight loss, you should keep that figure, if not; you would fail to achieve what you expected. Many avid participants of bikram yoga would choose to attend the classes from five to six sessions a week, looking forward to a more satisfactory result.
3. It is kindly suggested that you should make best use of the yoga poses in class and try to learn new yoga poses. You should hold the poses as long as you are instructed by your trainer. It is well-known that bikram yoga could burn something like 500 to 1000 calories just for a session. Therefore it also clearly shows that you have to put more efforts into class, because you want to burn more calories, you should keep your poses stronger. However, you should remember that if a pose makes you feel painful, you should stop doing it.
4. You should eat four hours before class. This would ensure food to have time to be settled. At the same time, you would not be on an empty stomach while doing yoga.
5. You should hydrate yourself the day before and the day of your bikram yoga class. Without doing it, you could not expect the full benefits you could get from bikram yoga as well as its maximum potential that will bring to you for weight loss.