Getting well-prepared for a successful yard sale is involved a lot of work, therefore you want to ensure that you would attract as many as people you could to your sale so as to make reasonably big profits. The most important thing is not just the number of clients who purchase shop, but the number of people who would put up tables with items to sell. No matter whether you would do it yourself or you want to invite community members to join you, the factors affecting success include an ample selection of goods for sale as well as how to advertise it .The following tips might be useful in some aspects.
- You could sett up the large and florescent poster boards along sidewalks and streets. Tape or staple them to poles, but remember to take then off when the sale is over) or attach them to wooden stakes.
- You should have an ad in the local newspaper. In some areas you could do this for free, because many community newspapers do provide free ads in the classified section for garage sales, yard sales, etc. Some even offer signs as a public service.
- You could also put up fliers at neighborhood gas stations and convenient stores and place signs on busy streets and at all intersections.
- You could go and ask managers in stores where you do your daily shopping to allow you to put fliers about your sale on their bulletin boards, because both customers and employees have access to it.
- You should pay attention to advertising by word of mouth. Before your yard sale, you had better tell your neighbors about it to see whether they would like to join you for such a event. If you could set up four or five sales in a row at a street, you would attract more potential customers to your yard sales.