Sometimes, it is easy to save your money on hotels, for you are free to choose what you like to do or what you don’t. if you put it in the right way, you may find that in some cases, a hotel room or suite could be cheaper than you spend your evening at a campground or renting or some other alternatives for travel accommodation. Here we offer some tips for saving money on hotels during your trips.
1. When you decide to go on a trip, you had better consider about at what time and where you should go. If you choose to go out during off season, you would save quite an amount of money. For example, if you go to summer destinations in winter time, you should get discounts because of their special policy to attract more tourists for a visit.
2. If you visit a city, you are kindly suggested that you should stay at the same hotel for two nights at least. By doing so, it could help you save money either getting some kind of rebate or saving your booking fees. In the case that you are going to stay at the same hotel for a whole week, you would save more money on your hotel accommodation.
3. In order to save money, try to look for coupons related to hotel discounts in the Entertainment coupon Book or relative books. When you go to the hotel, you could show such coupon to the hotel front desk, and then you would certainly have some discount or free service so as to save your money in another way.
4. When you go on your trip by air plane, you had better book your hotel room together with your flight or you could also have it as part of the packaged tour. In this way, a quite amount of bucks could be saved and you could enjoy the 5 star hotel room with the price of a 3 star room.
5. Another way to save money on hotel cost, you could choose to go visiting some special websites for travelers and tourists. There you could book your hotel room as discounted price. It would be much helpful if you want to go some popular destinations at the peak time. If you do the booking online in advance, it would save you a lot of money in this regard.
6. When you go on your trip, you would certainly buy some souvenirs or gifts for your family members or close friends. Instead of buying directly from the local gift shops, you could look for hotel gift cards for on eBay or craigslist.com, use them and you would have some kind of discounts.
7. If you often go outside for travels, you should become a member of the frequent visitor club of certain hotels. As their member, the longer you stay at such hotel, the cheaper you pay for your hotel accommodation, sometimes you could have some free service because of your longer stay or more frequencies.
8. As member of AAA, when you book your hotel room either by phone, or through Internet or personally, you could use your travel club card so as to get 10 percent or more discount off the normal room rates of hotels.
*Image source: http://www.cnn.com/